Use of this site is provided by London Historians (London Historians Limited) subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- London Historians Limited reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
London Historians Limited may suspend, block or terminate your access to this site, or take down any content you have uploaded to the site.
- To the full extent permitted by law, in no event will London Historians Limited be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. You agree to indemnify London Historians Limited for any expenses, losses, liabilities or costs incurred and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened against London Historians Limited, in each case arising from your use of the website.
- London Historians Limited does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. All implied warranties and undertakings are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Copyright restrictions
Reproduction or publication (in whatever form) of all or any item (including all images) displayed is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by London Historians Limited to use any item displayed.
Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this website remains with London Historians Limited and/or with copyright owners as specified. London Historians Limited is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others and has taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the reproduction of images on London Historians Limited website is done with the full consent of copyright owners and that a copyright owner is duly acknowledged in any such reproduction.
You shall not create a hypertext link to the site or “frame” the site, except with the express advance permission of London Historians Limited.
- This site contains links to sites operated by parties other than London Historians Limited. Such sites are not under Art Fund control and London Historians Limited is not responsible for their contents or any links they may contain. The inclusion of any link by London Historians Limited does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with the operators of such sites. Neither London Historians Limited nor any of its Committee, staff or agents will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with such sites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of London Historians Limited site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information. Postings which are defamatory, libellous, slanderous, obscene, threatening, abusive or which violate the copyright, trademark, or privacy interest of any person or entity, or you know contain a virus or corrupt data or which contain material which infringes any laws, are prohibited. Participants in Art Fund forums agree not to hold London Historians Limited responsible for any violations of forum rules by forum participants. Views and opinions offered by individual subscribers are encouraged, but are not necessarily those of London Historians Limited.
- This site uses a secure server that implements secure sockets layer technology to protect your credit card information. London Historians Limited cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to us by internet link or by email. Any such loss shall not be borne either wholly or partly by us, and shall be entirely your responsibility.
- Use of information
London Historians Limited is committed to protecting your privacy. London Historians Limited collects the following information regarding visitors to its website: IP address, information regarding what pages are accessed and when, and any information volunteered by you, such as survey information, and personal details in registering for email bulletins. Your information may be collected by means of a cookie – a small file commonly used to allow websites to ‘remember’ visitor details where appropriate.
London Historians Limited may use your details for its marketing purposes and to send you marketing literature. London Historians Limited may make individual identifying information available to affiliated third parties, and to its agents for marketing purposes. If you would prefer us not to use your details in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. From time to time, London Historians Limited also agrees with other likeminded organisations to write to some of each other’s supporters, for the mutual benefit of both.
You generally have the right to be supplied with a copy of the personal information that London Historians Limited collects about you. Please contact London Historians Limited if you would like a copy of this information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.